Sunday 15 April 2018

ENGLISH CODE 1423 SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2 AUTUMN 2017

ENGLISH CODE 1423 SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2  AUTUMN 2017

Question No.1
Q.1 IN UNIT 5, YOU HAVE LEARN ABOUT TWO LANGUAGE FUNCTIONS I.E. EXPRESSING CERTAINTY, AND EXPRESSING OBLIGATION. WRITE 5 EXAMPLE SENTENCES FOR EACH CATEGORY OF FUNCTIONS. (10)

Ans:-
EXPRESSING CERTAINTY
i. Yes, I’m absolutely sure that he will pass the exam
ii. Definitely he will win the race.
iii. I’m sure he is not at home.
iv. Of course he is going with us.
v. Certainly he is a ‘liar.

EXPRESSING OBLIGATION

i. I must have to get up early because I start work at 8 a.m.
ii. I will have to leave work early if the snowstorm continues.
iii. You don’t have to pay for children. They can come in for free.
iv. You mustn’t smoke in the corridors.
v. You must respect the traffic rules when you are driving on the road.






Question No.2

Q.2 The following sentences are in Active Voice. Rewrite them into passive voice. (Unit 5, section B) (10)
1:- He caught the thief.
2:- He didn’t open the letter.
3:- We have bought the car.
4:- You have been writing letter.
5:- I am writing a letter.
6:- Does your mother pick you from school?
7:- The have been cleaning.
8:- The police was chasing the thief.
9:- They don’t help us.
10:- He will draw a circle.

Ans:-
1:- He caught the thief.
Passive: The thief was caught by him.
ii. He didn’t open the letter.
Passive: The letter was not opened by him.
iii. We have bought the car.
Passive: The car has been bought by us.
iv. You have been writing letter.
Passive: Letter has been being written by you.
v. I am writing a letter.
Passive: A letter is being written by me.
vi. Does your mother pick you from school?
Passive: Are you picked by your mother from school?
vii. They have been cleaning.
Passive: Cleaning has been being made by them.
viii. The police was chasing the thief.
Passive: The thief was being chased by the police.
ix. They don’t help us.
Passive: We are not helped by them
x. He will draw a circle.
Passive: A circle will be drawn by him.





Question No.3
AIOU SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2 CODE 1423 AUTUMN 2017
Q.3 UNIT 5, SECTION D, IS ABOUT WRITING A JOB APPLICATION LETTER. HOW WOULD YOU WRITE A JOB APPLICATION LETTER FOR THE FOLLOWING ADVERTISEMENT: (10)
Accountant – Seeking an Experienced Accountant
Education Required: MA/MBA
Subject: Statistics, Economics or Mathematics
Experience: 7+years accounting experience in financial reporting, audits, regulatory
Reporting,
Please send us your C.Vs and other details at
Nizam NGO
F-1/ Markaz. Islamabad, or Contact us on 051
To,
The Manager HR
Nizam NGO
F-1/ Markaz. Islamabad
Subject: APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ACCOUNTANT
Sir,
With reference to your advertisement published in The Daily “News” dated Dec 03, 2017 (Rawalpindi), I have come to know that some vacancies of the subject post are lying vacant under your kind command. I offer my services for one of the same. I am a gold medalist, young and energetic man ambitious to work for your organization.
I assure your honor if I selected for the job I will work hard to produce best results. My C.V is attached here with the application.
I hope that your honor keep a lenient view on my C.V and give me chance to serve under your kind control.
I shall be very thankful to you for your kind favor.
Yours Sincerely,
( Shahid Aziz )
AIOU SOLVED ASSIGNMENT 2 CODE 1423 AUTUMN 2017






Question No.4
Ans:- of Q # 4:-

EXPRESS PREFERENCE:- I prefer apples as compare to oranges.
EXPRESS INTENTION:- I want to buy a car.

EXPRESS PREFERENCE:- I would like enjoy the theater than Cinema.
EXPRESS INTENTION:- I like to have Haircut from Kohinoor one.

EXPRESS PREFERENCE:- Travel by train is better than Car.
EXPRESS INTENTION:- I wish not to waste my time.

EXPRESS PREFERENCE:- We will meet at Lunch instead of Dinner.
EXPRESS INTENTION:- I intend to watch good movie on this weekend.

EXPRESS PREFERENCE:- I love to swim than skyee.
EXPRESS INTENTION:- I intend to go to conference on coming week.





Question No.5






Question No.6






Question No.7






Question No.8






Question No.9





Question No.10

No comments:

Post a Comment